Day Job Killer - The Re-Emergence Of Direct Linking?

The long hoped-for new product of the ill-famed Chris McNeeney, "Day Job Killer" has been on the shelves for a week now. It stone-broke his previous gross revenue records set by "Affiliate Project X" by merchandising over 5000 copies inside of 24 hours. This is very impressive, for a product that doesn't quite fulfil its predecessor when it comes to new content.

Some of the reviews that I have read, not count the reviews that were designed to make gross revenue (see "the leech" method in APX), agree with my opinion. Some of the methods are advanced versions of the previous laid call at APX. Don't get me wrong, these methods are still very effective. I just think that some people were expecting a little more.

  MARKETING THROUGH EMAIL

One of the things that I found the critics offensive was his "Direct Linking X" method. This is the first method that he covers and constitutes over 20 pages out of the 70 page document. Direct linking is considered to be ineffective and out-of-date by most marketers today. It is better acknowledged as the "google cash " method. During the last couple of years, the use of pre-sells, landing pages, bonus giveaways, review pages, and lead capture pages is predominate in most AdWords type environments.

MARKETING 8C

Mr. McNeeley's critics have pointed this out but I think they have incomprehensible the main intent of this entire method. Chris dialogue about exploitation other avenues besides click bank for this specific method. He suggests Amazon.com, Paydotcom, and Linkshare, to name a few. The juncture that I think everyone is missing is that he suggests exploitation venues in other English speaking countries such as Canada, Great Britain, and Australia.

The competition on Google USA is dead fierce nowadays! No thanks to Chris himself. I in person launched an AdWords campaign, to promote Day Job Killer, the day it became available. Actually, I used 2 different ad groups employing 2 separate methods that I learned from APX. I did make some gross revenue, but inside 48 hours, the bid price to get your ad on the first page exceeded $3 a click!

I distinct to pull out and wait for the dust to settle. Mind you, I was only bidding on targeted key words ("day job killer"). I can only imagine what the more general words where going for. I continued to monitor the battle all week and it only got worse. The caustic remark here is that everybody was exploitation the new techniques that they learned in Day Job Killer against each other, especially a very nasty one called "Campaign Nuking", that I will not come upon here.

The point that I am trying to make here is that Chris makes mention several times, that we should start looking less competitive markets. He goes into great detail on where and how to look for these markets. With less competition, you can go back to basics and use the old popular direct linking methods. The commissions are not as high as most clickbank payouts, but you can make up for this by having a greater number of campaigns.

The Day Job Killer is still one of the best associate merchandising documents available, especially for those of you that don't have a clue and would like to try your hand at associate merchandising. I would extremely recommend reading "Affiliate Project X" first and if you have no experience with adwords, you power want to read "Adword Miracles" as well.


Day Job Killer - The Re-Emergence Of Direct Linking?
Day Job Killer - The Re-Emergence Of Direct Linking?

Post a Comment

0 Comments