The One Internet Marketing Tip You Must Know To Avoid Business Failure

I just had a nice and quiet winter weekend here in Canada, working on my Internet Independence presentation for a seminar I'm going to be doing down in Panama. Kind of nice to be bolted away and making some progress on big projects.

But last weekend I was out and about down at Disney World in Florida with a whole sle of info marketers. So there was a whole sle more networking and high level mastermind going on.

  KEYWORD TOOL GOOGLE

And patc I was speech one of my best buddies, he brought up a question he gets most every day.

People are always asking him, "What's your #1 Internet Marketing Tip?"

We laughed of course, because cyberspace merchandising is not so simple that you could summarize it with a "#1 tip".

But over the last 7 days I've been thinking about that constantly.

What would I say if I perfectly had to give soul just ONE tip.

What would it be?

Well, here's what I came up with...and I'm going to give you two answers that are most the same.

The first one really addresses my #1 tip for all of business, and that is:

You MUST be unique.

It's that simple. You could expand on it and say, "You must have a unique merchandising proposition", but I wanted to keep it extremely simple.

You can't be like everyone else.

You must be remarkable.

It doesn't matter if your product works. Listen, I've reviewed hundreds of products from business coaching clients, and I think I've only told 3 people that their product sucks (although I don't think I used that exact phrase, but you know what I mean).

It's very rarely the content that is holding back your business, but it's most always the fact that your business is just like everyone else, and therefore you don't stand call at the market.

Seth Godin's last book, "Linchpin" (which I think is also his BEST book), covers the need to be unique besides as anything I've read. Add that to your reading list.

Now applying that "unique" tip to my #1 cyberspace merchandising tip, I'd say that you need to have either:

a) A unique product

b) A unique way of merchandising your product or other people's products

For your product, you need a unique merchandising angle that makes it different from everything on the market...

OR

You need to have a unique personality that attracts people to your product (i.e. YOU are different from everyone else, although your product may be "the same" as everyone else).

OR

You need to have a unique system for generating dealings to your website.

OR

You need a unique gross revenue process that results in higher conversions and enlarged upsells compared to everyone else.

Bottom line:

My #1 business/merchandising tip is that you have to be different.

But here's the good news...

You don't have to re-invent the wheel.

But you do need to have enough of a difference that allows you to stand out and show that you are not the same as everyone else.

Like most everything I've taught you so far, this is going to take some creative work on your part.

So set aside some time and create ways to be different, or simply concentrate on highlight the ways you are different.

"Differentiate or Die." - Jack Trout


The One Internet Marketing Tip You Must Know To Avoid Business Failure

Post a Comment

0 Comments